Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Cowboy Garden Salsa Recipe


I could eat Mexican food for every meal and never get tired of it!  My hubby and I have 2 non-negotiables for a good Mexican restaurant: #1 They must have sweet tea and #2 they must have good salsa! If they don't have either of those things, we're out! When we planted our garden a couple months ago, I picked vegetables that go in salsa so I could make my own.  Today my dad and I whipped up our own version of chunky salsa with a slight kick to it! It turned out so good I had to share!
Here's what you need:

  • 3 jalapenos, chopped, seeded and deveined. If you like a little kick to it, then leave some of the seeds in. Go on, I dare ya!
  • 4 fresh tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 can Muir Glen, Organic fire roasted diced tomatoes. (This is optional, but I think it gives it extra flavor. Plus I like the fire-roasted taste, without having to roast my own tomatoes.)
  • 1/2 large onion, chopped
  • 1 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 2 Tbsp cumin
  • Pinch of sugar
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Mix up all your ingredients in a large bowl and serve! (If you like your salsa to have a smoother consistency, then you can puree it in a food processor.)   






No comments:

Post a Comment