Saturday, November 5, 2011

Dresser Turned Buffet: The finished product!

About a year ago, I purchased a dresser from a thrift store near my house.  As soon as I saw it, I could tell it was a good, solid piece of furniture and I loved the lines and the details of it! The best part was it was only $36!  I decided to turn it into a buffet for our kitchen area.  Several months ago, I painted it a bluish gray color but when I put it in our dining area, I wasn't crazy about the color against our walls. So it sat there for a while until a few weeks ago when I got a sudden burst of inspiration and decided to go bold and paint it peacock blue. I am SO glad I did! 

I KNOW I took a before picture but I can't find it anywhere on my computer, so I found a pic on google images that was very similar to the dresser I found at the thrift store:


I decided to take out the bottom 4 drawers and put paneling on the back and sides.  I filled in the holes on the top 2 drawers with wood filler and we drilled 1 hole in each.


Next, I painted it Peacock blue, then I sanded around the edges to give it a distressed look.  Then I painted the paneling a glossy white and added my Hobby Lobby knobs! Now, I have to find 2 matching baskets to put in the bottom!


I would LOVE to see your furniture redos! Post a comment with the link!


No comments:

Post a Comment