Thursday, November 3, 2011

Trendspotting: BIRCH

Everywhere I look these days, I am seeing birch.  I love using natural textures inside the home.  


1.  Birch Candles from Pottery Barn 
2.  Autumn Workshop's touch lamps from inhabitat.com are made from repurposed birch log pieces.
3.  Birch Pillows sold on Etsy {no longer available}
4.  Birch hand tufted wool rug by Angela Adams
5.  Tall Birch Trees with Flying Birds--art wall sticker wall decal


A little more affordable Birch Candles from World Market


Don't get me wrong, I LOVE you Pottery Barn, but I am NOT paying $55 for a candle! I don't care how pretty it is, it's still a candle. Especially, when you can make one just like it yourself!  So my next project is going to be making some birch candles of my own.


I saw this adorable project with tutorial on Martha Stewart.com which gave me some inspiration.  {How cute are those little birds??}


It's just birch paper wrapped around toilet paper rolls...AND the birch paper can be downladed free here!

Also, here's a link to a free birch graphic thats a larger scale that you could wrap around some candles to mimic the Pottery Barn look.

I can't wait to make some of these! I'll post them as soon as I get them done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment