Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Fun DIY Flip Flops to Kick off Summer!


The last day of school was last week so it is starting to feel like summer! But nothing makes it feel more like summer than getting a brand new pair of flip flops.  I decided to spruce up my plain Old Navy flip flops with some bling. Because everyone knows us Texas girls like some bling, right?

Here's what you need:

Swarovski Elements Crystals (approx. 4mm in size)
I got these at Michaels, but they also have them at Hobby Lobby. Make sure they are Swarovski. They cost a little bit more but it is so worth it! They are so much more sparkly, especially when the sun shines on them.  You will need about 4 packages. They are about $5 a package, but you can get them cheaper if you use a coupon. I had a 25% off coupon at Michaels so they only cost me about $15 total. 


A pair of plain black flip flops
I used a pair of black Old Navy flip flops that I picked up for $2.50


E-6000 Glue
You can get this at Michaels or Hobby Lobby.  This is the only glue I recommend because once you glue it, its permanent. Just make sure to do it in a well ventilated area unless you want to get a little loopy because there all all kinds of crazy warnings on the tube.  If you have a 3 year old like me, maybe you want to get a little loopy. Anyways, I recommend doing this outside.

To make them, just take a small brush and paint some glue on the flip flops (a little at a time) where you are going to place the crystals. Do 2 at a time with about 30 crystals on each strap. (120 total). Let dry before wearing them!
The whole project cost about $20!

No comments:

Post a Comment