Saturday, October 15, 2011

Albertsons, or should I say Albertscams

The other day I walked into Albertson's to pick up a few things and as soon as I walk in the door I see this sign:


The parfaits looked delicious...I had to resist the urge to grab a spoon and eat one right there. So I grabbed 3 (because the sign blatantly said buy 1 get 2 free), got the rest of the items on my list and proceeded to the checkout.  When the total popped up on the screen, I told the cashier that wasn't correct, that the sign said the parfaits were buy 1 get 2 free. So she calls the manager to ask if they are on sale, and not only are they not on sale, the manager admits that the sign is misleading.  This is the second time something like this has happened to me at Albertsons and I'm pretty ticked off.  So in response, I have written a nice little letter to Albertsons:

Dear Albertsons (or should I say Albertscams),
When you put up signs that say "Buy 1 get 2 free" around an item, and in fact, the item is not "Buy 1 get 2 free" that is false advertisement.  I am sorry that you are in such a poor financial state that you have to scam your customers into purchasing things they think are on sale, when in fact they are not.  As if your marketing scheme is not bad enough, your managers even admit that this is misleading to customers, yet they do NOTHING about it.  Oh and by the way, marking up your chicken to $8 a pound and then putting a sign up that says "Buy 1 get 1 free" is NOT a sale! So I will be taking my business elsewhere, thank you very much!

Sincerely,
Stephanie W.

Ok, I feel better now :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment