Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Canvas DIY

This really isn't so much of a tutorial as it is a "Show and Tell." I am really going to have to get better about taking pictures of the process, not just the result.  But in my defense, I hadn't started the blog yet, so as I was making it, I wasn't thinking about describing the process to others.  Anyways, here is what I did:

canvas (any size, but I used 16x20)
mod podge
paint (I used a dark brown)


1.  Print off picture on regular bond paper. (I sent my jpeg file to Office Depot and it was ready for pickup  an hour later.) I was really impressed with the quality of the picture too!
2.  Mod Podge the back of the picture and then press onto the canvas.  FIY, there will be some bubbling   
once you press down, but as it dries, it virtually goes away.  Gotta love mod podge!!
3.  Take a brush and apply Mod Podge to the top of the picture and seal around the edges. Smooth out as  
much as you can with an old gift card.  Let dry.
4.  Apply paint to the sides and corners to give a vintagy look.

FYI: There were still some creases in mine, which you can't really see in the photo, but personally I kind of like it. I think it adds to the vintage look that I was going for.  I gave this one to my dad for Father's Day, but I plan on doing several for our home!


No comments:

Post a Comment