Monday, October 24, 2011

Hudson's 1st Birthday Party Part 2

Anybody that knows me knows that I am a HUGE DIYer.  It's probably because I've had to live on my hubby's Pastor's salary for the last 7 years plus my background in interior design :-) I got a TON of ideas for the party from Pinterest and just by browsing around on the internet.  Here's a list showing what I did...all for $50 bucks!!

Invitations: Free (I designed them and a friend, who owns a print shop, printed them for free)
Tablecloths: Free (I borrowed them from the church)
Lanterns: $2 (I already had the white and I bought 2 packages of tissue paper for the red and blue
Cake and cupcakes: $15
Onesie: Free (I used some printable iron-on sheets I had on hand and ironed them onto a white onesie that I
              already had)
Pillow: Free (same as above)
Party favors: $7 (treat sacks plus gummy worms)
Owl masks: free (I used scrapbook paper I already had)
Hot dogs: $20
Plates and napkins: $6
cake stands: free (made with candle holders and plates that I had on hand plus owls that I printed off my
                   computer)

Total: $50 

So the moral of the story is...Use what you have, borrow what you don't have, make what you can and buy the rest! :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment