Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fall wreath





So, I don't know about you, but I've been seeing burlap EVERYWHERE! I've seen burlap wreaths all over pinterest and so I decided to make one of my own. I couldn't really find a tutorial I liked, so I just made it up. Here's how I did it. (Sorry for the lack of pictures, I PROMISE I will get better!)

Supplies:
1 yard of Burlap
1 foam wreath (or foam tubing from Lowes)
fabric flowers, etc

1. Cut several 3-4" strips of burlap

2. Take 1 and wrap around the wreath to hide the foam.

3. Take a strip and pin it to the wreath. Take the next pin and pin it so that the burlap "bubbles." Continue until the wreath is filled.

4. Next, get out your trusty hot glue gun and remove the pins 1 by 1, replacing it with hot glue.

5. Finally, add accents, such as ribbon, fabric rosettes, flowers, etc. I made these fabric rosettes by taking 1-2" strips of fabric, tying a knot on the end and then wrapping it around the knot. I then glued cardboard backing onto the back and glued it to the wreath.





And there ya have it. Your own handmade burlap wreath! The best part is, you can customize it to fit any season or holiday. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment