Saturday, October 22, 2011

Hudson's 1st Birthday Part 1

My friend, Krissy from Little Photography Shack does AMAZING work.  She just posted these pictures of Hudson's party on her blog. I am so glad I decided to have her come to the party to take pictures.  I am so bad about forgetting to take pictures, and this way, I could enjoy the party and not have to worry about capturing the memories!  


We made the table look like a bed by putting a white tablecloth over a red one and folding the white one back, like a sheet. My dad drew the headboard and I made the pillow with printable iron on sheets.  I made the cupcake stands with candle holders that I had on hand and duck-taped (shhh...) the plates to the top.  



We were so thankful to have great weather so we could have the party outside!  I already had the white lanterns and I made the red and blue paper lanterns out of tissue paper to add some color.








My 2 favorite boys in the whole world!



Levi takes after his daddy, he can't take a serious picture :D


Peekaboo...Hudson's favorite game!




I got the idea for the cupcakes off of Pinterest. Who knew M&M's and oreos could be so cute!


We checked out some owl books from the library. The plan was to have storytime for the kiddos, but we ran out of time. They made cute table decorations though!













Hudson and Grandpa


All the little hoot owls

I made these owl masks out of scraps of scrapbook paper that I had on hand that matched the colors of the party. 

Haha, I love this expression. He's thinking, "Are you going to make me get dirty again??!"

Happy 1st birthday, Hudson!

8 comments:

  1. what a fun and beautiful party! i love the idea of having a someone in charge of pictures.. i always tend to be behind the camera and then get sad when i'm not in any of the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this is such a cute idea! If I wasn't already set on a ladybug theme this would most def. be my little girl's theme. Everything is just darling. Stopping by way of Tip Junkie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the owl shirts he is wearing in the pictures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! I designed it and then printed it off on iron on paper. I would send you the design but my computer decided to crash on me and I can't get to my files right now. Sorry!

      Delete
  4. I am also interested in your owl print for the onesie!! It is adorable! Did you ever find it on your computer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this...all of it. :) I have a Hudson and am doing an owl theme as well for his 1st birthday. His party is in 3 weeks. You did such a good job with everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tiffany! Good luck with your little one's party!! :-)

      Delete